This quick snack gets full marks in all aspects taste, health, and satisfaction for moms and kids! Made easily with readymade idli batter, chopped spinach and grated veggies, the Quick Vegetable Appe is not only nutritious but also yummy and handy for kids to hold, dunk and gobble up. No fuss, no mess, it is perfect to be packed as a mid-day snack along with tomato ketchup, or a homemade accompaniment like chutney or sambhar.
|Palak||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Cabbage||2 Tablespoon , grated|
|Carrot||2 Tablespoon (Leveled) , grated|
|Idli batter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (readymade)|
|Green chilli paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon (for greasing and cooking)|
|Tomato ketchup||To Taste (For Serving)|
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Heat the appe mould on a medium flame and grease it using little oil.
3. Pour a spoonful of the batter into each of the 7 moulds and cook using little oil till they turn golden brown in colour on the lower surface.
4. Turn each appe upside down using a fork cook till they turn golden brown in colour from the other side.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 7 more appes in 1 more batch.
6. Cool slightly, pack the appe in a tiffin box and tomato ketchup in an air-tight container separately.