Chef Archana brings you the simple quick recipe for Fried Modak in Marathi which is a sweet coconut dumpling offered to Lord Ganesha during an auspicious occasion.
|Grated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped dry fruits||2 Tablespoon (Almonds and Cashews)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Pinch|
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Take a pan, add the grated coconut, sugar & cream. Mix well and let the cream melt.
2. Add dry fruits, cardamom powder and again mix well. Let it cook on a low flame for 5 mins.
3. In the meanwhile, take a small pan, add ghee and let it come to a boil.
1. In a bowl, add wheat flour, maida & salt. Add the hot ghee to the mixture and stir with a spoon.
2. Add water to the flour mixture & make a soft dough.
3. Meanwhile, take a frying pan and add oil for heating.
4. Take small portions of the dough and start rolling into soft small rotis.
5. Fill each roti with the coconut mixture.
6. Pinch the edges of the roti, bring it together & seal properly so that no oil goes in while frying. Similarly make all the modaks.
7. Fry the modaks till golden brown.
8. Serve and enjoy!