Ask any Bengali the feeling of Patishapta and see their smile, you will look through their eyes and feel the nostalgia of their childhood ... the coconut , the date jaggery and Mom's hand with those bangles ...
When Food is Home and Home is Mom, we will relax and celebrate the safest place on earth !
Thank you Pritha Majumder for allowing us to enter your beautiful home, playing with your daughters, for such a beautiful recipe, for singing us Ranbindra Sangeet and your husband Rajesh Roy for playing such beautiful Piano.
|Semolina||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Refined flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Jaggery||2 Cup (32 tbs) (dates variety)|
|Ghee||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, add semolina, refined flour, sugar, salt, crushed cardamom powder and water.
2. Soak it for an hour.
3. Grate the whole coconut and keep aside.
4. Heat a pan and add date jaggery. Let it melt.
5. Add the grated coconut and mix well.
6. Keep the coconut filling aside.
7. In another pan, make the patishapta by adding ghee and spreading a little amount of the soaked batter.
8. Once it's cooked from one side, add the sweet coconut filling and fold it well.
9. Garnish with grated coconut and serve!