Ask any Bengali the feeling of Patishapta and see their smile, you will look through their eyes and feel the nostalgia of their childhood ... the coconut , the date jaggery and Mom's hand with those bangles ...
When Food is Home and Home is Mom, we will relax and celebrate the safest place on earth !
Thank you Pritha Majumder for allowing us to enter your beautiful home, playing with your daughters, for such a beautiful recipe, for singing us Ranbindra Sangeet and your husband Rajesh Roy for playing such beautiful Piano.
|Semolina||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Refined flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Jaggery||2 Cup (32 tbs) (dates variety)|
|Ghee||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, add semolina, refined flour, sugar, salt, crushed cardamom powder and water.
2. Soak it for an hour.
3. Grate the whole coconut and keep aside.
4. Heat a pan & add date jaggery. Let it melt.
5. Add the grated coconut and mix well.
6. Keep the coconut filling aside.
7. In another pan, make the patishapta by adding ghee & spreading a little amount of the soaked batter.
8. Once it's cooked from one side, add the sweet coconut filling & fold it well.
9. Garnish with grated coconut & serve!