A Sweet Poli to make your festival sweeter and your family time the sweetest. A treat for your taste buds and a small token of love to make 'Gudi Padwa' even more special. Naveen Varsha chya Hardik Subhecha (Happy Gudi Padwa)
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Refined oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (use as required)|
|Chickpeas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (soaked for an hour)|
|Jaggery||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
1. Pressure cook chickpea for 4 whistles & drain out excess water.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add cooked chickpeas into it.
3. Add jaggery (gur) and cardamom powder and keep stirring it for nearly 8-10 mins till the stuffing is mushy.
4. When it cools make small sized ball from this paste.
5. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, knead the dough well and let it rest for 15 mins.
For sweet poli:
6. Divide the dough into lemon sized balls.
7. Now dust the ball with wheat flour, roll it into a small circle and place the stuffing in the centre.
8. Seal the edges by pulling the edges together to make a ball.
9. Place the ball with sealed side down, flatten with fingers and roll into a circle.
10. Heat a skillet and place the sweet poli on it and cook till golden brown with ghee.
11. Serve hot with ghee and milk.