On the auspicious occasion of Makar Sankrant we bring to you the most popular Maharashtrian recipe Tilachi Poli also known as Tilgul Poli. Watch our host Archana make it in a simple way!
|Maida||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (or as required)|
|Til||150 Gram (Sesame Seeds)|
|Jaggery||150 Gram (gul)|
|Grated roasted coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Groundnuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , crush|
|Khas khas||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, add maida, oil, water and kneed a medium soft dough. Once the dough is ready add some oil and let it rest for 15-20 mins.
2. In a bowl, add crushed til, grated coconut, crushed groundnut, khas khas, gul & elaichi powder. Mix all the ingredients. Add ghee and mix well.
3. Make medium size balls of the dough and fill them with til mixture. Roll the balls to make a flat roti.
4. Heat a pan and roast the roti by applying ghee on both the sides. Like wise make all the rotis.
5. Serve these hot rotis with ghee.