Betty demonstrates how to make Loaded Mashed Potato Tots. These are made by adding tasty ingredients to leftover mashed potatoes, then forming them into small balls (tots), coating them with panko bread crumbs, and baking them in the oven.
|Mashed potatoes||24 Ounce (refrigerated)|
|Shredded parmesan cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Freshly ground coarse salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green onion tops||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Panko bread crumbs||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) (placed in a shallow dish, such as a pie plate)|
|Melted butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (for each baking pan used)|
1. In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, egg, salt, flour, and green onion tops. Form into tots about 1-inch across.
2. Roll each tot in panko bread crumbs. Place the tots individually onto buttered shallow baking pans.
3. The number of pans needed will depend on the size of the pans and the size of the potato tots.
4. Bake at 425 degrees (F) until brown on the bottom side. Then, use tongs to turn the tots over.
5. Continue to bake until the other side is browned.
6. Remove from oven and transfer browned tots to a nice serving dish. Serve immediately and enjoy! (Ketchup is good as a dipping sauce for Potato Tots!)