This french beans and carrot thoran is healthy and very easy to prepare. It is a great side dish.
|French beans||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Carrot||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh coconut||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , grated|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Urad dal||1 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri dry red chillies||2|
|Onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped finely|
|Coconut oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine the coconut, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds and garlic in a plate and mix very well using your hands. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, and Kashmiri red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
3. Add the onions, French beans, carrot and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add 2 tbsp water, mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the prepared coconut mixture and coconut oil, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
6. Serve hot.