Veg Sizzler is a dish we all love to gorge on. This complete meal, consisting of rice/noodles, crunchy stir fried veggies, french fries and the sizzling BBQ sauce is surely enticing to all. A Sizzler, though having a lot of components, is usually a mildly flavored dish, the star definitely is the sizzling sauce on the top. So, here you go, vegetable sizzler right from scratch just for you!! Do let me know if you'd like to see more veg sizzler recipes :)
|Boiled potatoes||3 (((For Aloo Tikki)))|
|Salt||To Taste (((For Aloo Tikki)))|
|Pepper||1/4 Teaspoon (((For Aloo Tikki)))|
|Chat masala||1/2 Teaspoon (((For Aloo Tikki)))|
|Mixed vegetable||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (((For Aloo Tikki)))|
|Bread crumbs||4 Tablespoon (((For Aloo Tikki)))|
|Oil||5 Tablespoon (((For Aloo Tikki)))|
|Boiled rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (((For Rice)))|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (((For Rice)))|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (((For Rice)))|
|Corn||2 Tablespoon (((For Rice)))|
|Pepper||To Taste (((For Rice)))|
|Salt||To Taste (((For Rice)))|
|Mixed vegetable||1 Cup (16 tbs) (((mix of broccoli, carrots, French beans and babycorn)))|
|Shallots||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon (((For Sauce)))|
|Bbq sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (((For Sauce)))|
|Ketchup||1 Tablespoon (((For Sauce)))|
|Cabbage||To Taste ((For assembling))|
|Butter||To Taste ((For assembling))|
|Coriander||To Taste ((For assembling))|
1. In a plate/bowl, add the boiled potatoes, followed by salt, pepper, chat masala and grated veggies.Mix all the ingredients really well.
2. Divide the aloo mixture into 2 portions and coat the tikka with the bread crumbs. Keep it aside until other preparations are ready.
3. In a hot wok/pan, add of oil and 1 tsp of garlic followed by onions. Add the boiled veggies and season it with salt and pepper. Take it out in a bowl and the veggies are ready for sizzler.
4. In the same pan, add 1 tsp of oil and let it heat. Add the chopped coriander and corn. Let it cook for a minute or so and add the boiled rice and season it well with salt and pepper.
5. For making the sauce, take cup of BBQ sauce and about 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup. Add tsp of chopped garlic and tsp of garlic paste. Mix everything well and sauce for sizzler is ready.
6. Now, cook the aloo tikkis in a pan. Add about a tsp of oil for each side to brown.
7. As a starter, fry French fries in hot oil and take them out once ready.
For Garlic Chili Butter:
8. 1 tsp butter melted, mixed with 2 cloves of garlic and 1 green chili.
9. To assemble a sizzler, place the shredded cabbage onto the plate.
10. Add the rice on one side and veggies on the other. Followed by the prepared tikka on top and fries on the sides and top the tikki with some sauce on top.
11. Drizzle the sauce all over the sizzler little by little and add a little of chopped coriander as well. Place some butter on all sides of the sizzler.
12. Just before serving, drizzle a little water on the sizzler to ensure a smoke comes out and serve hot!!
Calories 467Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 487 mg20.29%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1868Calories from Fat 760
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.2%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1948 mg81.16%
Total Carbohydrates 248 g82.8%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet