Bharli Vangi - Stuffed Brinjals Recipe by Archana - Maharashtrian Main Course Dish in Marathi
|Onions||3 , chop|
|Grated coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Ginger piece||1/2 Inch|
|Groundnuts||1 Teaspoon , crush (about 2 tsp crushed groundnuts)|
|Masala mix||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, chopped onions and mix everything well. Add salt and cover the mixture with a lid.
2. Slit the brinjals and keep them in water.
3. Add mix masala, jaggery, garam masala, grated coconut, coriander leaves and some water. Mix all the ingredients well and cover the mixture with a lid and let it cook for few minutes.
4. Fill the brinjals with coconut-coriander-green chillies-ginger-garlic mixture. Add the brinjals into the gravy. Cover it with lid and let it cook for 10-15 mins.
5. Enjoy Bharli Vangi with chapati or bhakri.