|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean||2 Inch , split and scraped (1 Piece)|
|Vanilla bean piece||2 Inch , split and scraped|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Drop|
1. In a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine milk and slit vanilla bean, scraping the vanilla seeds into the milk.
2. Place on a low flame and heat to boiling point. Take pan off the heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine egg yolks with sugar
4. Beat using a wire whisk until thick and pale.
5. Spoon in flour and cornstarch, a little at a time, and beat until well blended.
6. Remove vanilla bean from milk.
7. Gradually add milk to egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly until all of it has been incorporated.
8. Transfer mixture back into pan.
9. Place pan moderate flame and heat, stirring constantly, until it begins to thicken
10. Simmer for 3 minutes longer, beating with wire whisk until the cream is smooth and free of lumps.
11. Take pan off heat and slide in butter
12. Continue to beat to blend butter into the cream and to disperse the heat.
13. Strain cream if necessary or pour directly into a bowl.
14. Cover bowl with cling film or wax paper and refrigerate to chill cream
15. Use as required as a filling for desserts.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1212Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.8%
Saturated Fat 23 g115%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 220 mg9.17%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 126 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet