|Butter||1 Tablespoon , softened|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon , cut into 1/4|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. Take an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish, spread 1 tablespoon of softened butter evenly over the bottom and sides with a pastry brush and set aside.
3. Into a deep mixing bowl combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, and sift them together.
4. With a large wooden spoon, beat in the egg and, when it is completely incorporated, add the sour cream, milk and the tablespoon of butter bits.
5. Into the buttered baking dish, scrape the entire contents of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
6. Spread the cornbread mixture to the edges of the dish and smooth the top with the spatula.
7. Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown and a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Serve the sour-cream cornbread at once, directly from the baking dish.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1913Calories from Fat 742
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.8%
Saturated Fat 45 g225%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3651 mg152.13%
Total Carbohydrates 262 g87.3%
Dietary Fiber 27 g108%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet