|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Warm cream||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , whipped (For Whipping)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Lightly butter a 18-inch pan.
2) In a small saucepan, place together sugar, corn syrup, 1 cup cream and 1/4 cup water.
3) Cook the sugar mixture for 10 minutes.
4) Stir the remaining warm cream and remaining water and simmer for 5 minutes more.
5) Mix in the butter, small amount at a time.
6) Place the candy thermometer in the saucepan and heat until the temperature reaches 230°F.
7) Simmer and cook until the temperature reaches 244-246° on thermometer.
8) Leave the sugar mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
9) Stir in salt, vanilla into the sugar mixture.
10) Transfer the sugar mixture into the pan.
11) Allow to cool until solid enough to cut.
12) Serve at room temperature, or dip in chocolate sauce if desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 4251Calories from Fat 547
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.8%
Saturated Fat 41 g205%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1847 mg76.96%
Total Carbohydrates 942 g314%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 618 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet