Animal crackers are synonymous with kids. Little ones just love these imaginative treats and I'd bet you have your own fond childhood memories of eating them....and with good reason. Animal crackers are fun, scrumptious and many moms generally keep them on hand to keep everyone happy.
|All purpose flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Old fashioned oats||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chilled, cubed|
|Vanilla extract/Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. In a food processor grind all purpose flour, oats, baking powder, salt, allspice and sugar.
2. Add the butter and blend to combine.
3. Add in vanilla extract and egg and blend until the dough forms.
4. In a plastic sheet, wrap the dough and chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. On a flat surface roll the dough and cut out animal shapes with the help of cookie cutter.
8. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and put the cut outs onto it.
9. Pop it into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
10. Cool and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2480Calories from Fat 983
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.3%
Saturated Fat 64 g320%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1460 mg60.83%
Total Carbohydrates 330 g110%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 102 g
Protein 43 g86%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet