|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1|
|Boned chicken||450 Gram|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon rashers||225 Gram , roughly chopped|
|Chopped onion||50 Gram|
|Red wine||50 Gram|
|Puff pastry||350 Gram|
|Egg yolk||1 , lightly beaten|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Mix together the salt, pepper and flour.
3) Cut the chicken into small pieces and coat them with the seasoned flour.
4) In a heavy based frying pan, heat the oil.
5) Brown the onion and bacon in the hot oil.
6) With a slotted spoon, remove the cooked onion and bacon from the pan and set aside.
7) Add the wine and chicken to the pan. Cook gently over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
8) Add the browned onion and bacon and stir well.
9) Cut the pastry block roughly in half.
10) On a floured board, roll out the first half of the pastry. Line the pie dish.
11) Add the filling.
12) Roll out the remaining half of the pastry and fit it over the pie-€™s top.
13) Use water to dampen the edges of the pastry and place the lid on top of the pie.
14) Lightly pinch all the way round to seal the pie.
15) Brush the top with egg yolk.
16) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, till the pastry is light brown in color.
17) Transfer the pie to a decorative serving platter and cut it into wedges. Serve while still warm with a side salad.