My love for these two desserts come together in this stunning crowd pleaser. It's not just great tasting but is so visually appealing it makes a great party dessert. When it comes to sweets, I don't have a big sweet tooth but I can never resist a plump juicy Gulab Jamun or a couple of spoons of Trifle.
|Crushed marie biscuits||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Strawberry jello||85 Gram|
|Boiling hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roohafza/Rose syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) (plus Extra milk to dissolve the powder)|
|Custard powder||5 Tablespoon|
|Rose water||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned fruit||398 Milliliter (1 can)|
|Sweet whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Slivered pistachios||2 Tablespoon|
1. Add the Marie biscuits to a food processor.
2. Dissolve the jello in the boiling water and add the rose syrup and allow to set overnight.
3. Boil the milk and add the sugar.
4. Dissolve the custard powder in a few more tbsps of milk and add it to the milk and boil the milk till it has thickened.
5. Remove and cool overnight.
6. Reserving one Gulab Jamun for garnish, slice the Gulab Jamuns in half.
7. Layer the Gulab Jamuns, followed by the mixed fruit, crushed biscuits, custard, jello and keep layering.
8. Cover the top with the whipped cream, add the slivered almonds and pistachios and the Gulab Jamun to top.
9. Serve and enjoy!