Tarts are filled with a creamy coconut filling tinted in the colours of the season. Ive been wanting to make these gorgeous baskets ever since I saw them in a friends house over the holidays. I was thinking about giving it a twist for Easter by tinting the coconut filling pastel colors and giving it a cute little basket handle. Ive filled this the traditional way but you can use your imagination!
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((or as required))|
|Sweetened desiccated coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||100 Milliliter|
|Food coloring||1 Pinch ((as required))|
1. Add the salt and butter to the flour and work it till crumbly.
2. Add water a little at a time and knead.
3. Cover the dough with cling film and leave it alone for 15 - 20 mins.
4. Roll out the dough till it’s only a few mm thick.
5. Using a 7 cms in diameter cookie cutter cut out circles.
6. Press the dough into the molds and pierce the bottom with a fork or knife.
7. Roll out the remaining dough into a rectangle and cut it into 1/2 cm strips.
8. Drape over something that will give it a handle shape.
9. Bake the cases and the handles for 10 - 15 mins till golden brown, remove and cool.
10. Mix the filling ingredients together and heat in the microwave for about 30 secs to help bring them together.
11. Divide the filling into 3 parts, leave one natural and tint the other 2 green and pink.
12. Fill the cases first with the natural, then the green and the pink.
13. While the filling is still soft, insert the handle.
14. Serve and enjoy!