Maple Molotof Meringue Dessert Pudim de Claras / sometimes spelled Molotov or caramel molotov, caramel molotof - This is a classic Portuguese egg White pudding dessert recipe... with a decidedly Canadian twist. So if you've been making our ice cream recipes and don't know what to do with all of the left over eggs whites this is the perfect egg white recipe to try. This is even a gluten free dessert recipe - not sure I'd call it a gluten free cake recipe, but it is an easy 3 ingredient dessert recipe that's gluten free.
|Super fine sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||5 Tablespoon (use as required)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (use as required)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF), with a Bain Marie / water bath.
2. Whip the egg whites at low speed until they start to froth.
3. Once they begin to froth, spoon in the sugar with the machine still running.
4. When the meringue reaches stiff peaks, carefully fold in the maple syrup.
5. Butter a Bundt or tube pan, then coat with 2-3 Tbsp of maple syrup.
6. Transfer the meringue to the pan, and make sure there are no air bubbles.
7. Cook the Molotof in the water bath for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, turn off the oven and crack open the door.
8. Leave in the oven as it cools for 40 minutes.
9. Un-mold and enjoy.