Bored of the usual chilli or ajwain flavoured savouries? Go for this tongue-tickling Palak Pudina Sev. The crispness of this savoury snack, together with the appetizing flavour and aroma of pudina and the pleasant colour of palak make this snack a winner! The off-beat appearance and colour of the snack first kindle your curiosity and make you take a bite, but once you do, you just cant stop because its so tasty! You can store this yummy snack in an airtight container, to enjoy with tea, munch between meals, or even take to office.
|Rice flour||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (chawal ka atta)|
|Besan||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Bengal gram flour)|
|Oil||1 Liter , divided (in total)|
|For the paste:|
|Chopped spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs) (palak)|
|Mint leaves||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (phudina)|
|Roughly chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Chopped green chiies||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Makes 3 cups.
1. Combine all the ingredients, including the prepared paste in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough.
2. Grease the sev "press" mould with oil, transfer the dough into it, press it properly and cover it with the lid.
3. Press out thin strands of the sev into the hot oil, a few at a time and deep-fry on a slow flame till it turns crispy. Drain on an absorbent paper.
4. Keep aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the sev into a deep bowl and break into pieces using your fingers.
6. Store in an air-tight container and use as required.