Here is a tongue-tickling treat the brings back sweet memories of chaat and roadside food! Crispy Puri topped with Masala Aloo pleases your palate with sheer variety in texture and taste.
The crispness of the puris is a sheer contrast to the succulence of the potato mixture, which is spiced up with everyday ingredients like onions, green chillies and lemon juice. It is the final touch of Koro Sambhar that really boosts the taste and aroma of this dish, making it an extremely special treat. Enjoy the Crispy Puri with Masala Aloo immediately upon preparation. To get really smooth mashed potatoes quickly and easily, you can blend the cooked potatoes in the mixer. Have a go at other off-beat puri-based treats like the Mango Sev Puri and Italian Sev Puri .
|Puri mini||20 ((crispy jeera puri))|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon ((jeera))|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiled mashed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon ((haldi))|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon ((dhania))|
|Sambhar masala||To Taste ((koro sambhar to sprinkle))|
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the green chilies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the potatoes, turmeric powder, sugar, lemon juice, and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Add the coriander and mix well. Cool slightly.
5. Put little of the potato mixture over each puri and sprinkle a little koro sambhar evenly over it.
6. Serve immediately.