The Poha Aloo Pakoda is a scrumptious snack that you can quickly and easily prepare in the evenings to serve with tea or coffee. It is very simple and uses minimal ingredients, so you do not have to think twice about making it even after a busy day. After all, some days are worth celebrating, with or without a reason, and who wants to have just biscuits with their tea on such days? So, go for this crispy and tasty snack that is sure to steal your heart with its unique mouth-feel, which combines the crunch of poha with the succulence of potatoes. Over all, a sure-shot hit with the entire family!
|Poha||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) (thick beaten rice)|
|Boiled mashed potatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1/2 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Oil||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Serving sauce||4 Tablespoon (green chutney, Tomato ketchup)|
1. Clean and wash the rice flakes in a sieve in enough water.
2. Transfer the poha into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into 15 equal portions.
4. Roll each portion into a ball.
5. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
6.Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.