Fried Moong Dal is a savory snack that is popular all over India. This crispy namkeen is made by deep-frying soaked moong dal and seasoning it with salt.
Although it sounds so simple, it has an awesome flavour that makes you want more! Make sure you remove the moong dal from the oil when its crisp but still golden yellow in colour. It should not turn brown. Serve this delicious Indian snack with tea. After cooling completely, you can store it in a dry, airtight container for a week.
|Yellow moong dal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (split yellow gram)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Soak the yellow moong dal in enough water for 1 hour. Drain well.
2. Place them on a big muslin cloth and pat it with another muslin cloth over it allow them to dry for atleast 15 minutes or till there is no water and they are dry.
3. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip the strainer in it and put little of the moong dal on it and deep-fry on a medium flame till it turns crisp but not brown.
4. Drain on an absorbent paper.
5. Dab another tissue on it to remove the excess oil.
6. Sprinkle salt evenly over it and toss well.
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 to deep-fry the moong dal in 1 more batch.
8. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.