The revitalising rush of flavour delivered by a glass of jaljeera has amazing effects on your digestion! Wise it is to serve this tongue-tickling drink at parties. Here is a super-duper variant of this popular drink, which combines the chilling overtones of mint with the sharp flavours of ginger, lemon, spices and black salt. The Minty Jaljeera is a pleasure to sip on and happens to be one of those drinks that is welcome in all seasons! Serve this appetising drink chilled, garnished with some crunchy boondi. You can also try other refreshing and appetizing Indian drinks like Kokum Sherbet , Kairi ka Pani , Amlana or Kairi ka Jaljeera .
|Mint leaves||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , torn into small pieces ((phudina))|
|Chopped coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) ((dhania))|
|Lemon juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon ((adrak))|
|Roasted cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon ((jeera))|
|Dried mango powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon ((amchur))|
|Black salt||2 Teaspoon ((sanchal)))|
1. Combine the mint leaves, coriander, lemon juice, sugar, ginger, cumin seeds, dried mango powder, black salt, salt and cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
2. Strain the mixture very well using a strainer.
3. Add 3 cups of chilled water and ice-cubes and mix well.
4. Pour equal quantities of the drink into 4 individual glasses.
5. Serve chilled garnished with 1 tbsp of boondi in each glass.