Add some Chinese tadka in your regular bread make spicy Schezwan Bread Cubes for Sunday snack time!
|Kashmiri chillies||23 ((red))|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Refined oil||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bread slices||5 , cut into cubes|
|Garlic||15 Clove (75 gm) , chopped finely|
|Ginger||1 Inch , chopped finely|
|Shallots||6 , chopped finely|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Spring onion||To Taste|
1. Soak the chillies for a few hours in water.
2. In a mixer, grind the red chillies with little water, till it becomes a paste.
3. Next cut the bread slices into cubes.
4. Heat some butter and oil in a hot pan and toss the bread cubes to make crispy crotons.
5. Once the bread cubes are golden brown, keep them aside.
6. Heat oil in the same pan and add garlic and ginger. Sauté on a low flame till the raw aroma goes.
7. Add the minced onions and let them cook on a low flame.
8. Once the onions look like they are almost melting, add chili paste, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup water.
9. Bring this to a boil and simmer till the sauce thickens. Oil should have separated.
10. The sauce is ready. Now add the Bread cubes and instantly toss and serve before the bread becomes soggy.
11. Garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve and Enjoy!