|Fresh corn||6 , shucked, silked, rinsed and dried with paper towel|
|Green bell pepper||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Velveeta cheese||4 Ounce , cut in small cubes|
1. Cut the corn from the cob. Set aside.
2. In small skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
3. Add chopped green bell pepper, chopped red bell pepper, and chopped onion. Sauté vegetables, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook.
4. Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add cornstarch and stir quickly to make a gravy-like roux.
5. Add 1 cup water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes.
6. Add Velveeta cheese cubes and stir until cheese melts. Add sautéed vegetables and stir.
7. Transfer into a nice serving bowl and serve immediately. SO good! --Betty
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1519Calories from Fat 627
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.8%
Saturated Fat 40 g200%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2913 mg121.38%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.3%
Dietary Fiber 26 g104%
Sugars 45 g
Protein 53 g106%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet