These cookies are so easy to make and are packed full of iron to give you a little nutrition boost during this holiday food season!
|Unsalted butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|Packed dark brown sugar/Packed light brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsulphured molasses||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with Silpat. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer, or with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the egg, vanilla and molasses, and mix until combined.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined.
6. Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper into 1/2 inch thick for softer and chewier cookies. Roll them thinner for crispier cookies.
7. Cut out with cookie cutters and place over the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
8. Garnish the cookies with some icing sugar and serve with milk.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1831Calories from Fat 467
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.5%
Saturated Fat 30 g150%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1765 mg73.54%
Total Carbohydrates 305 g101.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 98 g
Protein 33 g66%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet