Cookies haven't really been my forte - until now! These cookies are incredibly easy and cheap to make and yield fantastic results. They spread beautifully in the oven and the final product is a deliciously crunchy cookie, packed with oats. They lend themselves well to customization and so you can add spices, nuts, fruit or chocolate to really find a flavor which suits you.
|Butter||140 Gram , softened|
|Caster sugar||70 Gram|
|Brown sugar||50 Gram|
|Golden syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Self rising flour||140 Gram|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 150 C.
2. In a mixing bowl, put together butter, caster sugar and brown sugar, and cream well until pale and fluffy.
3. Pour in milk and bicarbonate of soda, and beat well to mix.
4. Drop in golden syrup and mix until well combine.
5. Mix in the spices, if using and then add flour and mix into stiff paste.
6. Add the oats and beat well until mixed.
7. Divide the dough into small pieces and roll each into a golf size ball and place them on a non-stick baking tray leaving some space between each ball for expansion.
8. Place the baking sheet in preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and cracked on top.
9. Take the tray out of the oven and let it cool for few minutes on the tray.
10. Serve as desired.