Chewy, chocolatey and absolutely delicious, these Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of Garfield's favorite sweet treats. Super simple to make, they're the perfect cookie for gift-giving, too!
|For dry ingredients|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For wet ingredients|
|Butter||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) , melted|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) , packed|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and sugar and beat well using an electric beater until well blended.
4. Add in egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until creamy.
5. Put the flour mixture into the egg mixture a little at a time and stir after each addition, until just blended.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix well.
7. Shape the dough by using about ¼ cup mixture at a time or use a large ice cream scoop and place them on parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until light brown on sides.
9. Remove and cool the cookies in baking sheet for few minutes.
10. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
11. Serve with a glass of warm milk or any other beverage of your choice.
You can add in nuts if you wish.