The brittle is a traditional Christmas dessert, tasty and easy to make.
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
2. Peel the almonds by boiling them in water, this will soften the skin and the almons would be peeled easily.
3. After peeling spread the almonds on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and toast them in the oven at 350F for a few minutes.
4. In a large pan add sugar, water and lemon juice let them dissolve on low heat, in the meantime chop half the almonds and leave the rest whole.
5. Once the sugar is golden brown you can add the almonds and stir until everything is coated well then pour this mixture in the lined baking dish and spread it evenly.
6. Spread the mixture out so that it has an even thickness throughout. Then wait for the brittle to cool.
7. Spread the mixture out so that it has an even thickness throughout. Then wait for the brittle to cool.
8. Serve this classic Christmas dessert after hearty meal.
Almond brittle can be made with all of the nuts chopped, all whole, or half and half like I'm doing.