It's only a few days until Christmas and you've barely had time to think about making homemade cookies? But you got to make cookies right? This is a recipe that is fun, easy, needs only a few ingredients and are made in a snap! These Cinnamon Mexican Wedding Cookies are so much fun to eat with a crumbly, sweet, nutty texture. Topped with a sprinkle of powdered sugar they look like something my kids love calling Snowballs! This delectable dessert is truly easy to make with your kids and spectacular enough to give as a gift to friends, family or teachers. These Holiday Cookies may be easy to make, but they're hard to forget!
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (raw, whole)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) , softened|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) , divided (1/4 cup for cookie dough and 1/4 cup for dusting)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the walnuts in a food processor and ground for 30 seconds.
3. Place the ground walnuts, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and combine.
4. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer) and cream for 3-4 minutes.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
6. Using a mini ice cream scoop or a spoon (about 2 tablespoons), scoop out the dough and place on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
8. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3337Calories from Fat 2267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 261 g401.5%
Saturated Fat 129 g645%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 31 mg1.29%
Total Carbohydrates 234 g78%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 119 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet