Making your next batch of sugar cookies stand out has never been so fun easy! Professional creative chef Cricket Azima for the Betty Crocker kitchens demos two adorable and fun ideas to add flare to your next batch of sugar cookies. Don't forget to grab the kids for frosting the sugar cookies!
|For lollipop cookies|
|Sugar cookie mix||500 Gram (Betty Crocker 1 pack)|
|Butter/Margarine||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , softened|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|White frosting||1 Pound (Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy frosting)|
|Food colors||10 Milliliter (any color of choice)|
|Assorted candies||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For cinna||spin cookies|
|Ground cinnamon||17 1/2 Gram , divided (1 teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , softened|
|Eggs||1 , slightly beaten|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/4 Teaspoon|
For The Lollipop Sugar Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl mix the sugar cookie mix, butter, flour and egg. Mix well till it forms dough.
3. Flour a flat surface and roll the dough into a sheet about inch thick. Using a 3 inch cookie cutter cut out the cookies.
4. Place them on the baking sheet. Take the wooden stick and insert it into the cookie through a side.
5. Bake it in the oven for about 11 minutes or till the cookies are done. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
6. Take each cookie and frost it with orange or green. Decorate it as desired.
7. In a serving glass filled with jelly beans serve the lollipop cookies.
For The Cinna-Spin Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix cookie mix, teaspoon cinnamon, butter and eggs. Mix until it forms soft dough.
3. Take a piece of paper and spread 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder in a line about 5 inches long.
4. Take a portion of the dough and roll it into a rope 5 inches long. Place it on the cinnamon powder to coat one side only.
5. Coil the dough rope with the cinnamon side inside. Press the end of the rope to seal the coil.
6. Place it on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Repeat this with the rest of the dough.
7. Bake it for around 10 minutes or until the edges are light golden color. Remove from oven let it sit on the baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
8. GLAZE: Meanwhile in a small bowl mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to make the glaze.
9. Once cooled, drizzle the glaze all over the cookies before serving.
10. In a serving plate, serve the cookie with milk or tea or any other beverage of choice.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 6035Calories from Fat 2249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 254 g390.8%
Saturated Fat 117 g585%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1968 mg82%
Total Carbohydrates 902 g300.7%
Dietary Fiber 31 g124%
Sugars 609 g
Protein 41 g82%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet