|Flour||2 1/4 Cup (36 tbs) , sieved|
|Baking powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and sieve together. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar, butter and shortening. Cream well.
4. Add almond extract and eggs and beat well till mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Add sieved ingredients and mix well.
6. Place on butter paper, shape into 2 inch diameter rolls and seal well with butter paper. Refrigerate till it-€™s easy to handle.
7. Once chilled, remove and cut into slices or use a cookie press to make shapes as desired.
8. Place on a baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 7 to 10 minutes or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes around 72 no-€™s.
10. Serve warm.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3402Calories from Fat 1776
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g309.2%
Saturated Fat 85 g425%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 774 mg32.25%
Total Carbohydrates 366 g122%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 151 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet