Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is one of my favorite Starbucks creations. This coffee drink tastes like a pumpkin pie in a cup. The only problem with this treat is that it is seasonal. Meaning if it isnt fall your chances of getting one of these drinks is pretty slim.
|For the pumpkin syrup|
|Water||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon sticks||3 (1 1/2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon)|
|Fresh ginger||10 Gram (1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||3 Tablespoon|
|Coffee per serving|
|Espresso coffee||4 Ounce|
|Milk||4 Ounce , warmed and frothed|
|Pumpkin syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||To Taste|
1. For the Pumpkin Syrup: In a medium sized sauce pan, combine spices and water.
2. Bring water to a boil, and then turn down the water with spices to simmer. Allow the spiced water to simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Strain out spices by pouring the water through a coffee filter. You want the seasoned water to be free of the spices.
4. Place water back into the pan and add sugar and pumpkin mix well. Simmer this for another 10 minutes. This will yield about 1 pint of pumpkin spice syrup.
5. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
6. For the Latte: To make the latte prepare 4 ounces of espresso or strong coffee.
7. In a coffee cup place 2 to 3 tablespoons of pumpkin syrup, then add coffee.
8. Gently pour the frothed milk over the coffee, and gently stir.
9. Serve topped with whipped cream (if desired) and a dash of ground nutmeg.