Here is a fun and spicy twist on a classic margarita using fresh cilantro and jalapeño. I made this with the staff at the Medlock Ames Tasting Room and Alexander Valley Bar located in Alexander Valley, Sonoma County.
|Pepper slices||5 (serrano and jalapeno)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Lime juice||1/2 Ounce , freshly squeezed|
|Agave nectar||1 Dash|
|Soda water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ice cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jalapeno slice||1 Large , thinly sliced (red in color for garnish)|
1. In a cocktail shaker, drop the pepper slices and cilantro.
2. Pour in the lime juice and the agave nectar.
3. Add the tequila and the ice.
4. Shake it nice and hard for a couple of minutes.
5. Take a tall glass and salt the rim.
6. Pour in the mix from the shaker.
7. Top with soda water and a little ice.
8. Place a large thinly sliced piece of jalapeno for garnish.
9. Serve right away.
Recipe Courtesy of: cookingstoned.tv
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 110Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.5%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 6191 mg257.96%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet