|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon , divided|
|Sugar||4/5 Cup (12.8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extarct||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (generous pinch)|
|Almond||1 Cup (16 tbs) , blanched, slivered|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fleur de sel||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Bittersweet chocolate/Semi sweet chocolate||8 Ounce , chop|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. Grease, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set it aside.
3. In a bowl , add sugar and 4 tablespoons of butter. Beat them together for 3-5 minutes or until they are light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time. Whisk after every addition.
5. Pour vanilla and almond extract. Mix to combine.
6. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix.
7. Combine wet and dry ingredients together. Blend well. Scrape off the sides to incorporate all the ingredients.
8. Throw chocolate chips and almond into the mixture. Gently mix and distribute evenly.
9. Divide the dough into two equal part. Form each into a 2-inch wide log.
10. Pop it into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Take them out of the oven, and allow it to cool.
12. On a cutting board, place the logs, and slice them into 1 ½-inch pieces. Place slices back on the baking sheet.
13. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 250 degree. Place baking sheet back in oven, and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Turn the slices once halfway through.
14. Take it out of oven, and allow it to cool completely.
15. For dipping, in a large microwave bowl, add chocolate and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
16. Pop it in microwave and use 30-seconds interval to work it. Stir each time, until the chocolate melts. Mix until silky smooth.
17. Dip one end of the cookies into the chocolate. Spread and coat it evenly with spoon.
18. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place cookies on it.
19. Sprinkle fleur del Sel on top.
20. Place them in the refrigerator to set.
21. Serve chocolate dipped biscotti with vanilla ice cream.
You can cut logs diagonally or straight, but the traditional ones are usually diagonal.
If your chocolates are almost melted, then do not put it back in the oven, all you need to do it stir it well. If you put it back in oven your chocolate will seize.
Your cookies will also set in the room temperature, but refrigerating will speed up the process.
Calories 585Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 346 mg14.42%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4680Calories from Fat 2136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 248 g381.6%
Saturated Fat 104 g520%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2768 mg115.36%
Total Carbohydrates 576 g192%
Dietary Fiber 32 g128%
Sugars 312 g
Protein 88 g176%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet