Here are Raw Chocolate Cacao Treats even an 8-year old can make! We went back in to the raw food test kitchen to put two chocolate recipes to the test! Credit to "Naked Chocolate" book by David Wolfe and Shazzie for Chocolate Beret concept although recipe is different.
|Cacao butter/Coconut butter||4 Ounce , melted|
|Cacao powder||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean||1/2 Small|
|Agave syrup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yacon syrup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Macadamia nut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rasberry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Melt the 1/2 cup of cacao butter in a hot water bath for about half an hour.
2. For the first chocolate: In a bowl, add ½ cup of agave syrup, 4 ounces of cacao butter, ¼ cup cacao powder, a few seeds from the vanilla bean and mix.
3. For the second chocolate: In another bowl, add ¼ cup yacon syrup, 1/3 cup cacao powder, 1/3 cup carob powder, 4 ounces cacao butter and a few seeds of vanilla bean and mix.
4. Add the first mix into lollipop molds and the second mix into bar molds.
5. Add sticks to the lollipop molds.
6. Add macadamia nuts into the bar molds of the 2nd chocolate.
7. For the almond butter cups: Add 2 tablespoons of the two cacao mixes into muffin molds and freeze for half hour.
8. After the first layer of chocolate is frozen, add a layer of peanut butter to some molds and almond butter to the others.
9. Add another layer of the cacao mix on top of each muffin mold.
10. For the raspberry chocolate: Fill each raspberry with the chocolate mixes.
11. For the peanut butter cups: Repeat process as almond butter cups but replace with peanut butter.
12. Place all the chocolate molds in the freezer for 2 hours.
13. Serve as a holiday treat or stack the chocolate in a gift basket and gift your friends and family.
TIPS: You can also use coconut butter instead of cacao butter.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5363Calories from Fat 3604
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 424 g652.3%
Saturated Fat 124 g620%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1273 mg53.04%
Total Carbohydrates 400 g133.3%
Dietary Fiber 80 g320%
Sugars 202 g
Protein 109 g218%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet