Every bit as wonderful as green tea truffles available in high-end specialty chocolate shops! These indulgent dark chocolate ganache truffles, infused with the delicate flavor of green tea, are rolled in intense matcha green tea powder for Japanese-inspired chocolates with lots of on-trend cache.
|Heavy cream||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Matcha green tea||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dark chocolate||7 Ounce , finely chopped|
|Matcha green tea||2 Tablespoon (For coasting the chocolates)|
1. Combine cream, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea in nonstick sauce pan and whisk to blend. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
2. Immediately add 5 ounces fine chopped chocolate to hot cream mixture and gently stir to blend. Spread chocolate/cream ganache mixture in shallow dish and refrigerate until firm to touch.
3. Shape chilled chocolate ganache mixture into balls and arrange on plate or baking sheet lined with wax paper. If chocolate ganache gets too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate briefly.
4. Freeze truffles until firm.
5. Melt 2 ounces chopped chocolate in top of double boiler. Dip frozen truffles in chocolate to lightly coat. Cool.
6. Roll cooled truffles in matcha green tea powder to lightly coat. Store truffles in refrigerator until ready to serve.
7. Serve these home made green tea truffles as dessert for friends and family.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1551Calories from Fat 808
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.5%
Saturated Fat 55 g275%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 79 mg3.29%
Total Carbohydrates 176 g58.7%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 145 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet