Whats a dude to do with those leftover Chinese takeout cartons of rice? Make Ferocious Fried Rice, duh! And its super easy, even a guy like Adam could maybe do it. Maybe. Plus, its made mostly with stuff you probably already have around the house and if you dont, then go to the store for once, and get some good stuff to eat.
|Cooked white rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , chopped finely|
|Frozen veggies||12 Ounce ((((Frozen Carrots / Peas / Corn combo (or similar)))))|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon ((((substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried))))|
|Pineapple cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((((cut into bite|
|Cilantro||2 Teaspoon ((((chopped, plus more for garnish))))|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon ((((plus more as needed))))|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon ((((substitute black))))|
|Red pepper flakes||1/2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Green onion||To Taste ((((chopped on bias for garnish))))|
1. Put frozen veggie combo into a strainer and rinse under cold water until thawed, about a minute. Allow to drain and set aside. DON’T use hot water or you’ll have soggy, nasty veggies and look like a doofus.
2. If using fresh pineapple, simply pat dry. If using canned, rinse the cubes, then dry on a paper towel. You don’t want wet pineapple going into hot oil!
3. Add one tablespoon of canola oil to the wok over medium heat. Toss in your pineapple and let sit for about a minute until it begins to brown, turn and cook for another minute, then remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Add a tiny bit more oil and then scramble your eggs. Cook until the eggs are just set, but don’t over do it. Remove the eggs and set aside.
5. Add a little more oil and then sauté the onions, garlic and veggie combo. Season with a little salt and white (or black) pepper.
6. Next goes the ginger and red pepper flakes (if you’re man enough). Once everything has a little color, push it to the outside, forming an open circle in the middle. Add a tough more oil to the center of the pan, then add the rice. Once the rice is heated through, stir in the veggies.
7. Next goes the soy sauce, cilantro and finally the eggs and pineapple. Allow to cook for about a minute or two until everything is heated through. Check for seasoning and add a little more salt and/or pepper if needed.
8. Put everything in a large serving bowl, garnish with green onions and a little more cilantro and you’re good to go, Bro.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2006Calories from Fat 551
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.4%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2051 mg85.46%
Total Carbohydrates 306 g102%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 68 g
Protein 46 g92%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet