|Onion||1 small, sliced into strips|
|Carrots||2, sliced into strips|
|Bamboo shoots||1 can (227|
|Bean sprouts||350 g/12 oz|
|Sunflower oil||1 tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 small, crushed|
|Soy sauce||3 to 4 tablespoons|
1) Discard the slightly brown bean sprouts, retaining as many of the green pods as possible.
2) In a wok, stir-fry the garlic, onion and carrots in oil for a few minutes, or until the onion is slightly softened.
3) Stir in the bamboo shoots and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4) Stir the bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute, then stir in the soy sauce to taste.
5) Serve the Simple Chop Suey straight from the wok.