This is an easy chili recipe that is so versatile that it's really up to you how you decide to serve it. You could serve it on its own, over burgers, nachos, baked potatoes...the possibilities are endless. It also can serve as a great make ahead meal.
|Thick cut bacon slices||4 , sliced (3 to 4 Slices)|
|Steak||1 1/2 Pound , cut into ½ inch cubes (Top Sirloin Steak, Rib Eye or Filet Mignon)|
|Lean ground sirloin||1/2 Pound|
|All purpose seasoning||2 Tablespoon , divided (Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning)|
|Kosher salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced bell pepper||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm) , finely minced (4 to 5 Cloves)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||14 Ounce|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Low sodium beef broth/Low sodium beef stock||1 Quart|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||3 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mexican oregano||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large skillet, add in the bacon and cook slowly on medium – high heat for 8 – 12 minutes.
2. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on a paper towel.
3. Remove some of the bacon fat, leaving 2 Tablespoons in the skillet.
4. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add in the steak, let it brown. Season with 1 Tablespoon of seasoning and cook just until the steak is browned on all sides.
5. Take out the steak from the skillet when done and set aside on a plate.
6. In the same skillet, add in the ground beef and cook until brown.
7. Once done, remove from the pot and place on the plate with the steak.
8. To the same skillet, add in 1 tablespoon of the rendered bacon fat, followed by the celery, onions, and bell pepper. Sauté the veggies for about 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Add in the garlic and sauté, season with the spices and stir well.
10. After 30 seconds, add in the tomato paste and pour in the tomatoes.
11. Add in the steak, ground sirloin and cooked bacon back into the skillet along with the beef broth and stir.
12. Season with remaining seasoning, salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to medium and cook the chili for 1 hour, stirring occasionally every 15 to 20 minutes.
13. Serve the chili along with your favorite toppings, in gourmet burgers, on all beef hot dogs, nachos or baked potatoes.
Calories 303Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 663 mg27.63%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 29 g58%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2424Calories from Fat 1016
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172%
Saturated Fat 40 g200%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 5304 mg221.04%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48%
Dietary Fiber 40 g160%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 232 g464%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet