In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Dinner. This is a hearty meal that can be served anytime and is a great choice for serving during Playoffs, the Super Bowl, or other sports events. This dish is very similar to King Ranch Chicken Casserole, but it has been adapted for cooking in a slow cooker.
|Corn tortilla chips||10 Ounce|
|Chicken breast half||3 Large , cooked and shredded|
|Canned diced tomato and green chili||10 Ounce , undrained|
|Canned condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 3/4 Ounce|
|Canned cream of chicken soup||10 3/4 Ounce|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shredded mexican cheese mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) , finely shredded|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In the bottom of a slow cooker, place a single layer of corn tortilla chips.
2. In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, diced tomatoes with green chilies, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and chopped onion. Stir well to combine.
3. Spread half of chicken mixture over tortilla chips in slow cooker.
4. Sprinkle Mexican cheese and Monterey Jack cheese on top. Repeat layers, ending with the cheese. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on HIGH for 2-4 hours or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.
5. Serve hot with chips on top and enjoy!