A healthy fast food perfect for your kids lunch box.
|Boneless and skinless chicken breasts||1 Pound , cut into chunks|
|Mashed potatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried parsley||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Panko bread crumbs||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon , grated|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Place cooling rack over a foil-lined baking sheet.
2. In a food processor, add in all the ingredients except panko and parmesan. Process until chicken is finely chopped and ingredients are combined.
3. Place the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl and stir to combine.
4. With moistened hands, roll 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture between your palms and flatten it into a nugget shape. Gently press nuggets into bread crumbs to evenly coat them.
5. Place nuggets on a cooling rack. Lightly spray nuggets with cooking spray.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Serve the nuggets for kids with some fresh fruit juice.
To freeze, place nuggets on a sheet tray after this step and freeze for one hour. Place nuggets in labeled freezer bags for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, follow the directions starting with step #4.
If you want your nuggets to be golden brown, place under the broiler for 2 minutes after cooking.