In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Chicken Wings with Hot Wing Sauce. This is great recipe to serve as an appetizer or at a party, and with Super Bowl coming up, you and your friends are sure to enjoy it!
|For hot wings|
|Chicken wings||2 1/2 Pound , uncooked and sectioned|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sea salt||To Taste (freshly ground)|
|Fresh ground black peppercorn||To Taste|
|Onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , finely chopped|
|Hot pepper sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried chives||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1/2 Teaspoon|
For Chicken Wings:
1. Line a broiler pan with foil and set it aside.
2. Rinse chicken wings with water and pat dry with paper towel.
3. In a large bowl, place the chicken wings and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
5. In a small saucepan melt butter on low heat and add olive oil in it. Remove from heat.
6. Pour butter oil mixture on top of chicken wings in the bowl. Mix well to coat.
7. With tongs, place the coated chicken wing pieces onto a broiler pan.
8. Season with salt and black peppercorns on both sides of chicken wings.
9. Place the broiler pan in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
10. Flip chicken and bake an additional 15 minutes.
11. Turn oven to broil and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of chicken reaches about 170 degrees F. Remove broiler pan from oven and set it aside.
For Hot Wing Sauce:
1. In a large, deep skillet, melt butter over low heat.
2. Drop onion and garlic. Stir and saute in butter. Remove from heat.
3. Add hot sauce, lemon juice, dried chives, dried basil, dried oregano, sugar, and salt. Blend until smooth.
4. Put chicken wings into the sauce. Stir to coat well.
5. Serve chicken wings with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2454Calories from Fat 1274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g216.9%
Saturated Fat 43 g215%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1515 mg63.13%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 254 g508%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet