Smoked chicken with an apricot glaze. I cooked this on my offset smoker using apricot wood.
|Please see video|
1) Cut the whole chicken into half and remove unnecessary parts rinse and pat dry it.
2) In a bowl, mix together light brown sugar, kosher salt, chili powder, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme and onion powder to make rub for the chicken.
3) Apply the rub on the chicken generously and put it in a ziplock bag and refrigerate it.
4) Preheat grill at 240 degrees.
5) Place the chicken in the grill with the skin side up.
6) To make apricot brandy glaze, take a saucepan and add apricot preserve, lemon juice, apricot brandy, red chili powder, sugar, red chili pepper and simmer it.
7) After an hour of cooking apply cooking oil on the chicken and let it cook for an hour.
8) Apply some more oil and place chicken skin side down and cook for an hour.
9) Now, baste the chicken with the glaze on both sides and let them cook for some more time.
10) Once the chicken is done let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
11) Serve the grill chicken with baby red potatoes and sautéed vegetables.