|Small new potatoes||2 lb [1 kg], scrubbed|
|Boiling fowl||2 1/2|
|Bacon rashers||4 oz [100 g]|
|Large carrot||1, diced|
|Small turnip||1, diced|
|Peas||4 oz [100 g]|
|Mushrooms||4 oz [100 g]|
|Mixed herbs||1 teaspoon [1X5 ml spoon]|
|Clove of garlic|
|Salt and pepper|
1) Use bacon rashers to line the base of a pan or ovenproof casserole.
2) Add in the chicken joints tightly together.
3) Layer in the vegetables, arranging the small new potatoes on the top.
4) Season with salt and pepper and add stock to cover the pan half way up.
5) Sprinkle the top with herbs.
6) Rub a clove of garlic on the inside of the lid and then cover the pan tight.
7) Place on top of the cooker and slow cook for 3 hours. If cooking in a casserole, bake at 300°F (150°C), Gas Mark 2, for 2 1/2-3 hours.
8) Garnish with a sprinkle of herbs and pepper and serve.