|Red onion||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon , minced|
|Cider vinegar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground allspice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken||3 1/2 Pound , quartered|
|Olive oil||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||1 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven moderate hot to 200 degrees.
2) In non aluminum bowl place onion rings and garlic.
3) Pour vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon allspice, and bay leaves. Mix and set aside.
4) In a brown paper bag add flour, chicken quarters placing 2 at a time and shake to coat well. Take out the chicken and keep aside.
5) In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add dark-meat quarters of chicken skin-side down and fry 8 minutes.
6) Turn chicken and add white-meat quarters skin-side down, frying for 4 minutes.
7) In a small bowl mix salt, pepper, thyme, marjoram, cloves, oregano and allspice.
8) Turn white-meat quarters and reserve onion. Pour vinegar-spice marinade from the onion to skillet. 9) Top with herb-and-spice mixture and place over medium-low heat, partially covering and simmer for about 12 minutes.
10) Place chicken to heatproof platter and keep in oven.
11) Add onions to skillet and cook in medium-high for 2 to 3 minutes.
12) Pour onion and cooking liquid over chicken and decorate with coriander sprigs.