This is one of our favorite recipes and programs for Chicken, Bean and Cheese Quesadillas:
|Chicken breast||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cooked|
|Pinto beans||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Monterrey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , shredded|
|Whole wheat tortillas/Spelt tortillas||4 Large|
1. In a steamer pot over boiling water, place chicken breast and steam for 8 minutes.
2. In a food processor, place beans and chicken. Blend it to combine.
3. On a tortilla, spread this bean and chicken mixture and cover with shredded cheese. Fold the tortilla.
4. In a saute pan, place the tortilla and cook till the cheese melts.
5. Serve with sauce or soup.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1799Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.3%
Saturated Fat 29 g145%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2826 mg117.75%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g71%
Dietary Fiber 33 g132%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 95 g190%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet