As some of you know, Averi here is a big sister, and since we have been super busy with her new baby sister Lexi, Ive decided to try a food service to help out with todays dinner. Blue Apron sent us a refrigerated box of Fresh Ingredients that we are going to use to create a delicious, healthy, chef designed dinner with. This really makes my job easier! So we begin with this dummy proof set of instructions here on how to make this meal, and our first step is to pull the ingredients. Three meals came in the refrigerated box and each ingredient comes separated in its own pre measured, labeled baggy to make it simple. So, we gather our ingredients for the chicken supremes dinner. It tells us here this meal will serve 2 and has about 535 Calories per serving.
The meal was delicious and very simple to make. I enjoyed the entire experience from opening the box of fresh ingredients, to cooking the meal, and especially eating it. I highly recommend this to anyone who is in a cooking rut, too busy to shop and prep meals, or anyone just trying to eat a bit healthier. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!
|Sugar snap peas||6 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ramps||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Wild leeks)|
|Sweet poatoes||2 Medium|
|Chicken supremes||2 Medium (bone|
|Lemon thyme leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2. Trim off and discard the ends of the snap peas then slice each pea in half on an angle.
3. Peel and thinly slice the garlic.
4. Trim off and discard the roots of the ramps. If any dirt is noticeable, wash the ramps again until clean roughly chop the remaining white bottoms and green leaves.
5. Cut the lemon into quarters and remove the seeds.
6. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into large pieces.
7. Heata large pot of salted water to boiling on high.
8. Once the water is boiling, add the sweet potatoesand cook 14 to 16 minutes, or until very tender when pierced with a fork.Drain thoroughly and return to the pot.
9. Add half the butter(save the rest for the chicken) and a drizzle of olive oil then, using a fork, mash the sweet potatoes until smooth season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Set aside in a warm place.
11.While the sweet potatoes cook, pat thechickendry with paper towels, then season both sides with salt and pepper.
12. In a large pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add theseasoned chicken, skin side down first, and loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil. Cook 4 to 6 minutes on the first side, or until browned.Flip the chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
13. Turn off the heat and add thegarlic, remaining butterandlemon thyme sprigs.Once the butter has melted, spoon the butter sauce over the chicken until thoroughly coated.
14. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate. Remove and discard the thyme sprigs, leaving the garlic and any drippings in the pan.
15.Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan of garlic and drippings and heat on medium until hot. Add therampsand cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant and slightly softened.
16. Add thesugar snap peasand cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green and slightly tender season with salt and pepper to taste.
17.Slice the chicken breasts crosswise on an angle.
18. Divide themashed sweet potatoesandsautéed vegetablesbetween 2 plates.
19.Top each plate with thejuice of 1 lemon wedgeand a drizzle of olive oil.
20. Garnish with theremaining lemon wedges and serve. Enjoy!