|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Crisp rice cereal||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||6 Ounce , drained, chopped (1 Jar)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and add in the sugar and dates.
2) Gently cook, stirring often, till the mix boils well.
3) Boil for 5 minutes, the turn off the heat.
4) Cool for 5 minutes.
5) Add in milk and egg and gently cook, stirring constantly, till the mixture boil well.
6) Stirring continuously, allow to boil for 2 minutes.
7) Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal, nuts, vanilla and cherries.
8) Cover loosely and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, till mixture can be shaped.
9) Divide the mixture in to half.
10) On a waxed paper, shape each half into a 10x2-inch log.
11) Roll in coconut and coat well.
12) Wrap in plastic food wrap.
13) Refrigerate till firm (1 to 2 hours}.
14) Cut into 1/4-inch slices and keep chilled.
15) Serve chilled.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3441Calories from Fat 1682
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 192 g295.4%
Saturated Fat 114 g570%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 790 mg32.92%
Total Carbohydrates 431 g143.7%
Dietary Fiber 39 g156%
Sugars 343 g
Protein 37 g74%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet