|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Softened butter||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried cherries/Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For cherry butter|
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry preserves||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Heat the oven to 350°.
2) In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cloves and keep aside.
3) In a mixing bowl, add sugar, 3/4 cup butter, brown sugar, honey and vanilla and mix well.
4) Beat at a medium speed till the mix turns creamy.
5) Continue beating, adding eggs 1 at a time, for 1 to 2 minutes.
6) Lower the speed.
7) Beat, gradually adding in the flour mixture, alternately with buttermilk for 3 to 4 minutes.
8) By hand, stir in almonds and cherries.
9) Evenly spoon the batter into 5 (5 1/2 x3-inch) well greased mini loaf pans.
10) Place in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11) Cool for 10 minutes and remove from the pans.
12) Cool completely.
13) In a small mixer bowl, beat 1 cup butter till creamy.
14) Lower the speed and add preserves, powdered sugar and almond extract.
15) Beat till well mixed.
16) Serve cherry butter with cooled bread.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 6986Calories from Fat 3530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 398 g612.3%
Saturated Fat 211 g1055%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4339 mg180.79%
Total Carbohydrates 786 g262%
Dietary Fiber 28 g112%
Sugars 434 g
Protein 91 g182%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet