Simple chocolate cheesecake - and it is completely homemade, even the icing. Never expected it will come out so well. This recipe will give you enough confidence to claim yourself as a regular baker. Try it now! :)
|For the base|
|Digestive biscuits||15 (Britannia Marie)|
|Salted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa powder||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|For the cake|
|Cream cheese||360 Gram (Britannia Cream Cheese|
|Powdered sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For the icing|
|Fresh cream||200 Milliliter , chilled (Amul Fresh Cream)|
|Icing sugar||5 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. In a big bowl, finely crumble the digestive biscuits using your hands. You can also crumble these biscuits, inside a plastic pack using the rolling pin. Add the cocoa powder and mix well.
3. Add the butter(room temperature) to the bowl and mix well into the fine crumbs.
4. Spread the biscuit crumbs evenly at the bottom and at the side of the baking tray. Using your palm or the back of a spoon, press the crumbs firmly. Place the baking tray inside the refrigerator for 15-20 mins.
5. In another large bowl, cut the cream cheese(room temperature) into cubes. Using the hand mixer at medium speed, mix the cream cheese until creamy and fluffy.
6. Add sugar and beat again at medium speed, until soft peak forms.
7. Next add milk, flour and cocoa powder, beat well at medium speed until well combined.
8. Add the eggs, one by one and continue beating for another 5 mins.
9. Finally add the vanilla extract and beat for another couple of minutes.
10. Bring out the base from the refrigerator and pour the cake batter into the pan.
11. Place the baking tray inside the oven to bake at 175C for 50 minutes.
12. Once baked, bring out the pan. Run a knife on the sides of the cake to separate from the pan wall or foil. Allow the cake to cool down on its own, first at room temperature and then inside refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
13. To prepare the icing, use a chilled glass bowl. In another flat bowl or container, place few ice cubes. Keep the chilled bowl on top of the ice cubes.
14. Pour the fresh cream inside the chilled glass bowl and start beating with the hand mixer at medium speed.
15. Add vanilla extract and keep on beating in frequent intervals.
16. Slowly add the icing sugar and after each addition, beat the icing at high speed in frequent intervals. Continue beating until nice peaks are formed.
17. Spread the icing evenly and nicely on top of the chilled cheesecake. For extra garnish, you may drizzle chocolate sauce on top. Return it back inside the refrigerator and this time, for at least 2 hours to set the cream icing.
18. Serve the cake chilled as a dessert.
Calories 790Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 21 g105%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 553 mg23.04%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 63 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4740Calories from Fat 2106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 234 g360%
Saturated Fat 126 g630%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3318 mg138.24%
Total Carbohydrates 612 g204%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 378 g
Protein 72 g144%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet